Sunday, June 5, 2011

Miss Peacock in the Conservatory with the Revolver

If you had one week left to live, would you still be doing what you’re doing now? In what areas of your life are you preparing to live? Take them off your To Do list and add them to a To Stop list. Resolve to only do what makes you come alive.

So, I have to admit, part of this prompt confuses me. I don't quite get what "preparing to live" means. I mean, technically, college prepares me to live for, you know, ever, and somehow I think that quitting college isn't QUITE what the prompt writer meant for me to do.

But anywho, I'll just answer this as best I can. I have a week left to live. What am I doing? Well, some of my activities will continue, for sure. One of them is that I just started playing guitar:
My new baby!

And alright, even though I wouldn't be able to pick up a LOT in one week, I think I'd still get a kick out of spending it learning an instrument that I've been wanted to play for the past 6 years or so.

Another thing I'd keep doing is photography, to the extreme. There are a lot of photos that I would love to touch up and get printed, real big. Or even just small and framed. I'm a bit narcissistic and want to decorate my house using photography I've done. Well, kind of. Basically, any photography that I have in the house (that isn't a portrait) I want to be a photo I have taken.

The third and last thing I'd want to do relates back to yesterdays post: Being with friends (and family). Basically, people I love. I am very much a social person and I need to be around my friends and family in order to be really happy.

I guess in my last week I'd do this: Have a week-long music party (at the beach) where I played my guitar and took lots of photos of all my friends.

Seeing that written in one sentence, I can now say one thing at least: This goal is achievable. And, surprisingly, I already know when it will happen: Right after I graduate. My "gang" (of lab mates) and I plan to go to beach, spend a week there, and I'm sure we will play lots of music and take photos.

In the meantime though, I'll still be practicing the guitar and taking photos to put into frames! And my next trip to see my friends is already in the works!

No comments:

Post a Comment